In response to the growth of the Fortran-lang community over the last year and recent progress with the Fortran-lang projects, we would like to extend an open invitation here to collaborate on a formal paper documenting this.
The paper will be targeted at a broad audience and cover the Fortran-lang community, fpm, stdlib, and other recent developments such as the LFortran compiler and future proposals for the Fortran standard.
In order to participate and be attributed as an author of the resulting paper, we will follow the ICMJE criteria for authorship which are:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
For this paper, author contributions to the work will involve:
- writing around 500 words or producing figures for an assigned section of the paper;
- reviewing and revising the full paper and;
- signing off on the final paper as an accountable party.
Please do not feel obliged to volunteer if you are not able to commit the time over the next few weeks.
If you are unable to meet the time-commitment for authorship, you may still follow development of the paper in the later stages and provide feedback as a non-author contributor in which case you will be attributed specially in the acknowledgements of the paper.
Collaboration on the paper will happen on Github and the target date for submission is 4th June.
If you would like more information and are interested in collaborating as an author or following the paper as a non-author contributor then please let me know here via direct message.
Depending on the number of responses I receive, I hope to confirm the initial author list and assign sections this coming week.