deRSE23 submission on Fortran-Lang community

Dear everyone,

I would like to present Fortran-Lang and its community projects at deRSE23, the Conference for Research Software Engineering in Germany. See this pull request:

As in the past, I’d like to invite anybody to join as co-author if you’d like to provide ideas, content, or other feedback. Otherwise, I will explicitly acknowledge contributors to the Fortran-lang community projects.

As it stands currently, the abstract exceeds the max 750 character limit, so I need to condense it even further. It is more or less derived from two previous Fortran-lang works:

The deadline for abstract submission is tomorrow, November 21. I plan to merge and submit the abstract tomorrow evening, leaving about 28 hours for contributions. (I apologize for the short notice, it’s been a busy week…)

If you’d like to participate or suggests edits to the current abstract, please comment in the pull request.

17 Likes

I just wanted to add that for now it suffices to approve the abstract. If accepted (notifications will be issued on Dec 22), I will create a draft of the slides and solicit reviews and feedback. In that case your help will be needed again in late January/early February.

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I’m very happy with the current abstract. Thank you also for all the likes which have earned me a nice topic badge!

The deadline for submissions has been extended, so I will leave the pull request open for another day or two, just in case anyone joins the party late.

Timeline

• October 10, 2022 - We are open for submissions
  • November 21, 2022 EXTENDED: 30.11.22 AoE - Deadline for submissions
  • December 12, 2022 - Open registration for conference
  • December 22, 2022 - Notification of acceptance and program
  • February 20-21, 2023 - deRSE23 conference
3 Likes