GSoC 22: fpm-ize the Fortran Ecosystem || Blog Post by Arteev Raina || #10

Good Day Everyone,

Last week I have been working on the refactoring of my Pull Request to read macros from the manifest file. Earlier the implementation was based in such a way that all the macro definitions were made global and that would have created undesirable results in the large projects.

But, I refactored the functionality to make the macros definitions local to a package and updated the test cases as per the changes required.

This was done keeping in mind the following scenario :

If we have a packageA and packageB. packageB is the dependency of packageA. In earlier implementation macro defined in manifest file of packageA were getting passed to dependency packageB as well which caused undesirable results while building packageA

In this upcoming week, I will start working on implementing the support for fypp preprocessor in fpm.
The first step that I will implement is to identify whether fypp is installed in the system using fpm. If not, then give the necessary instructions to the user to install the fypp preprocessor based on the Operating System user is running. More updates regarding this will be posted after the weekly GSoC meeting.

Thanks & Regards
Arteev Raina

6 Likes