GSoC’22: Port fortran-lang.org to Sphinx || Blog post by Henil Shalin Panchal || #5

Greetings of the Day Everyone!

This week I have Implemented packages and community sections with all the functionalities using the Sphinx with jinja templating.This week I have also completed porting of all the packages of packages section to Sphinx. All the changes can be found at my fork’s github pages.

I will be maintaining my fork’s github pages here : Fortran website — Fortran Programming Language .

I am Happy to Announce that now ALL of the pages of the website are being rendered by Sphinx only.

Please feel free to ping me here or on my mail: henilp105@gmail.com.

I will be regularly posting the weekly blog links here.

Thanks and Regards,

Henil Shalin Panchal

CC @awvwgk @rgoswami

4 Likes

Amazing work! We should try to get this page up as soon as possible.

What do you think, should we start on a subdomain like https://new.fortran-lang.org or directly go for the current webpage?

2 Likes

On the package index, we want to drop the fpm registry and give it a new home directly in the fpm docs:

Feedback is welcome.

2 Likes

I suggest going straight for the whole update on the top-level domain as soon as all the content (and meta docs on GitHub, README etc.) is ported. Having a subdomain with almost the same content could hurt SEO. I think Henil’s GH pages domain serves very well for reviewing.

Great work, Henil!

1 Like