GSOC 2024 introduction!

Hello everybody!
I am Dat Le, an international Computer Science student from the University of Florida! I was just recently introduced to the program GSOC 2024 and am really interested in working on the stdlib - Fortran Standard Library specifically the Linear algebra and sparse matrices project. I am pretty new on Fortran but have a decent understanding of linear algebra! This is an introductory message to everybody in this discourse! If you have any suggestions or guidances, please let me know!

4 Likes

Hi @datlehehe, welcome to the discourse!

If you are interested in contributing to the Linear algebra and sparse matrices (stdlib) project, take a look here GSoC 2024 Contributor Instructions · fortran-lang/webpage Wiki · GitHub regarding the application process. Pay close attention to the bullet points number 4 and 5 taking into account the application deadline April 2- 18:00 UTC

Within the description of the project you’ll find some useful discussions under “related issue” and “WIP implementations”. Once you have taken a look, feel free to continue a discussion here for your first PR. Two key points that you’ll see in the links are: the non-OOP basic kernels for sparse matrices and the OOP types for data containment. Both aspects would then help push through interfacing a higher-level API for sparse matrices which should maintain some coherence with the current effort by @FedericoPerini to wrap BLAS/LAPACK

1 Like