GSoC 2024 Applicant: Fortran Graphics Library

Hello everyone,

I’m excited to express my interest in working on the Fortran graphing library under the mentorship of @FedericoPerini .

About me:
I am a second-year computer science student at Zagazig University in Egypt. I’m passionate about open-source software and eager to contribute to the community and Starting with Fortran would be a golden opportunity. I daily run Gentoo as my OS and use Neovim as my text editor. I have experience with C, C++, and Python. I’ve also worked with graphing libraries such as SDL, Raylib, and SFML. i am also passionate Competitive programming and I’m currently training for the ACM ICPC.

my Github

About the project:
Since there are no projects directly connected to what I will be working on, I’m currently developing a proof-of-concept graphing library to demonstrate my capabilities in this area. I also plan to submit some pull requests to the stdlib to fulfill the patch requirements.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you @ezz for your interest in the Fortran Graphics Library proposal.

It’s great to hear that there is interest in graphics coding with Fortran!

I want to suggest that if you want to maximize your chances of success for GSoC24, you may want to take a look at the fpm projects first (sparse algebra, build enhancements), or others, as there is currently no repository for the Graphics Library yet that you may contribute to, as applications that build on top of existing projects may be more likely to be selected.

3 Likes