Draft Standard downloads

I’m looking for somewhere to download the draft standards. The wiki pages link to ftp://ftp.nag.co.uk/, but that hostname doesn’t exist in DNS anymore:

> dig @1.1.1.1 ftp.nag.co.uk

; <<>> DiG 9.18.12-0ubuntu0.22.04.2-Ubuntu <<>> @1.1.1.1 ftp.nag.co.uk
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 63788
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ftp.nag.co.uk.			IN	A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
nag.co.uk.		3600	IN	SOA	ns4.srv.host-it.co.uk. support.host-it.co.uk. 2023072201 10800 600 1209600 3600

;; Query time: 624 msec
;; SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Wed Aug 23 11:04:00 CDT 2023
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 102

Is there another place to download the draft standards?

This seems to have links to the official ISO purchase pages, but not links to download the drafts.

The drafts are always YY-007rN.pdf where YY is the year, and N is which revision we’re on for the year.

1 Like

The drafts, once they go into the CD (Committee Draft) stage, are not freely downloadable due to ISO copyright. The US committee (J3, technically INCITS/Fortran) maintains what it calls an “interpretation document” that has the text of the standard, plus paragraph and line numbers (currently forbidden by ISO rules.) This is “standing document 007” as mentioned above. It has not yet been updated to reflect the “Final Draft International Standard” and won’t be updated until the standard is published (fingers crossed, that should happen in October). That said, the document named 23-007r1 is close enough.

1 Like

Steve Lionel also maintains the WG5 site.

Here is a link

There is a standards tab,
and drafts of previous versions are available.

Fortran 2023
Fortran 2018
Fortran 2008
Fortran 2003

Earlier standards

Fortran 95
Fortran 90
Fortran 77
Fortran 66

1 Like

You’ll find that drafts of more recent standards are not available from the WG5 site. Really, the J3 “interpretation document” is the best reference - it’s what the committee uses on an ongoing basis.

Hi Steve I just posted the link in case anyone was interested in conformance to prevvious standards. Jane and I also have a document looking at the ISO publication history. Again mainly for information. As we can’t upload pdf or xls format here is a link.

I should mention that there is not a 007 document every year. If you want the latest, select Standing under Documents in the J3 site menu bar. The link for 007 will take you to the most recent version of that. Also keep in mind that at some point the latest 007 will reflect work-in-progress on the next revision.

1 Like