Delaunay Triangulator

Does anyone know of a fortran version of the Delaunay Triangulator.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html

1 Like

I have modernised a few packages that generate such a triangular grid for use in interpolation. See GitHub - arjenmarkus/interpolation2d3d: Interpolation in 2D and 3D, object-oriented interfaces. The original code comes the netlib site.

2 Likes

There are a few old libraries out there (not on netlib) that do it. I will try and dig them up during the weekend.

I wrote a Fortran-C interop package that provides Fortran interfaces to Shewchuk’s Triangle code about 16 years ago. Only ran the test program but that appeared to work. I’ll upload it to github if there is interest.

I am trying to find the gradient at each nodal point of a simple hypar shaped surface model with triangular elements. I call

call shepard%create_mesh( xc, yc, zc, f )

where xc,yc and zc store the centroid of each element and f store the gradient of the surface.
f is having values ranging from from zero degree to 90 deg.
Calling shepard%gradient_point( xcord, ycord, zcord ) at each nodal point return 3 values all less than 1.0.
Is this correct? If so, how do i recover the slop (angle) at each node.

`I have not found a ready to run fortran version of the Delaunay Triangulator, but here is one in C
Triangle: A Two-Dimensional Quality Mesh Generator and Delaunay Triangulator. The C version can be compiled, built and run, complete with demo example. Read README FOR MORE INFO.

I have managed to get it worked.
Thank you Arjen

Thank you.