Problems installing GTK4: Module Typer missing

Hi,

I am trying to install the GTK4-package to build a graphical user interface to my prog. I am using Intel Fortran with Visual Studio 2017 in a Windows 11 environment. I followed the instructions to be found here Fortran GUI with gtk-fortran (installation). This is what the github page on this package recommended to do.

Eventually, when trying to build GTK4 (by typing .\build.py build gtk4 after the command prompt) I receive this error-message
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘typer’

which refers to this python skript line

import typer

Unfortunately there is no way to contact the individual who compiled the above instructions and my request on github failed too. Apparently this bug happened for the first time (or other people could resolve it while I cannot).

Does anybody have an idea on what to do?
Cheers
Norbert

Welcome @NdotA on the Discourse! I hope you will enjoy it.

As I told you on GitHub, I am not a great Windows user and not the best placed to answer and help. I have never tried to build GTK, even less under Windows. But this is what I have found about Typer (never heard about it before):

If you have pip in your system, you could try to install Typer with the following command:

pip install typer

or

pip3 install typer

as stated here:

Thanks,
I tried this already and installed typer - and my installation just ran into another problem:
gvsbuild.utils.base_project and other units could not be found.

I guess I grab my old windows manual and do my stuff directly with this.

Cheers
Norbert

I guess you have already visited that repository:

Yes I did. In fact this build.py procedure that produces these error messages is one that comes with gvsbuild - and resides in the gvsbuild directory. And gvsbuild was installed prior to the execution of build.py. At least I ran pipx to do so.

I do not understand this at all.

Cheers
Norbert

If the problem concerns GTK installation, you could also search information and help on the GNOME Discourse:

1 Like

Thank you. That was extremely helpful.

Cheers
Norbert

1 Like