๐Ÿš€ ParaMonte 2 C, C++, Fortran prerelease

Dear Fortran programmers and enthusiasts, I am writing on behalf of the team to inform you of a new release of the ParaMonte library, version 2. This is a significant major (pre)-release compared to the original ParaMonte 1. Specifically, the number of library functionalities has increased by a thousandfold. ParaMonte 2 is now a 100% generic interface library, meaning all library functionalities are generic and support all intrinsic types and kinds. We have added between 10,000 - 20,000 examples to the new library release. The library functionality is tested with roughly 2.5 million tests, although there is still much more work to achieve 100% coverage, as in ParaMonte 1. The new release has a relatively complex but easy-to-use build system and has successfully passed our internal tests with Intel and GNU compilers on Windows, Linux, and macOS with amd64 and arm64.

The libraryโ€™s C and C++ interfaces are still under development and expansion but are fully functional and documented. In the following days and weeks, we will make new releases of ParaMonte MATLAB, ParaMonte Python, ParaMonte R, and other programming languages currently undergoing internal tests.

This table, which is also regenerated below, partially summarizes the ParaMonte Fortran modules in the new release. Given the number of new functionalities, I will discuss each module in more depth in a series of comments to this post in the following days. We hope you and the broader Fortran community find this new library release useful in your work. Weโ€™d also appreciate any comments, suggestions, or contributions you may have.

Apparently this forumโ€™s word limits do not allow inserting long tables. So I will have to split the table in multiple parts below as I suspected.

Update: This forum does not even allow new users to post more than two links! So I will have to even split sentenced into multiple posts.

14 Likes

We have created a quickstart installation guideline as well as an in-depth installation configuration guidelines.

2 Likes