Link to fortran-lang.org

On the discourse group there is no link back to the Fortran-lang.org site. Can a link to Fortran-lang.org be added to discourse?

4 Likes

Yes, great idea. Do you know how to do that? I couldn’t find it in the Settings or the Admin panel.

I am not sure this is possible. However, as an admin, you might be able to create a pinned top-level, no-reply post, that would be the first thing someone sees when entering this website. There, you could introduce the opensource project and put some links. Also, it would be a nice place to have a few lines about the rules of conduct.

1 Like

I don’t know much about this, but I wonder if the hyperlink behind the Fortran logo (“F” symbol) can be modified to fortran-lang.org. Or, include an explicit link to “Fortran-lang Home” or some such on the header section that appears on each page?

The Julia Discourse provides links in the webpage footer:

1 Like

We can add a footer like Julia by customizing our theme CSS and HTML. This would me my preferred solution.

I don’t know if we can add links to the navbar in the same way.

I don’t think we should change the link behind the logo. The common UX is for this element to return you to the home on this site, and I use it like this daily.

If somebody would like to give this a shot, let me know. I’m not familiar enough with CSS to make it pretty. Perhaps we could adapt Julia’s footer CSS and HTML.

1 Like

Indeed, that seems to be the way. Note however that compared to the Julia layout which starts with categories, we have the threads directly with an infinite scroll.

I agree with Milan on the link behind the logo.

I found some instructions here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/easy-responsive-footer/95818