GSOC 2023 New Contributor

Hello everyone.

My name is Akila, and I am an undergraduate student pursuing Computer Science & Engineering at University of Moratuwa. I am excited to have found Fortran and would love to contribute to the organization’s open source projects this year through the Google Summer of Code program.

After going through Fortran’s project ideas, I am particularly interested in ‘Extended Testing Support (fpm)’ and ‘Get fortran-lang/minpack to be used in SciPy’. I have experience with Python, Java, C a little bit, and I am eager to apply and expand my skills while working on meaningful projects that have the potential to positively impact the community.

I am looking forward to getting to know the community better and collaborating with like-minded individuals. Please let me know if there are any specific steps I need to take to get started, or if you have any advice or suggestions for someone new to the community.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Hi @akila-i,

Welcome to Fortran-lang Discourse and thank you for showing interest in this year’s GSoC.
In case you missed it, here is a post with instructions on how to proceed with GSoC

On the Contribution Instructions make sure you don’t forget point 4. Patch requirement .

Best of luck with your patch and application!