Greetings & Salutations from this Side

Hello everyone,

My name is [Lokesh Singh Rajwar] and I am excited to join the Fortran-Lang Discourse community! I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code 2023 program and would like to contribute to the Fortran community. I have experience in programming languages such as Java, Python, and C++, and am currently familiarizing myself with Fortran.

My background is in [Computer Science and Engineering along with Cloud Computing Concepts]. I am particularly interested in [Web Development services and contributing towards open source projects]. I have previously worked on [Fossaia and Codezin with their billPro Project using Django framework] and impacted the readability and efficiency by 25% of employees.

I am located in [Haldwani, Uttarakhand, India] and am a native speaker of [English]. I am excited to learn more about Fortran and to contribute to the community. I look forward to working with all of you and welcome any feedback or suggestions regarding my proposed project idea for GSoC 2023.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Iā€™m interested in the following projects for the upcoming GSoC event on behalf of Fortran.

Support for C++ (fpm)
> Enabling fpm to compile C++ projects would make a whole number of projects available in the Fortran ecosystems, most importantly the LFortran compiler and its AST parser. This requires fpm to handle C++ headers and modules (source scanner) and being able to link Fortran and C++ correctly into executables.

Mentors: Sebastian Ehlert ([@awvwgk]), Umashankar Sivakumar ([@usivakum])

Best regards,
[Lokesh Singh Rajwar]

3 Likes