Fortran Monthly Call: May 2023

Dear all,

It’s again time to organise our next monthly call which will be in the week of May 29-June 2; please see the following doodle poll to mark your availability:

Doodle: Fortran Monthly Call: May 2023

The final time slot will be selected and announced on the evening (European time) of Wednesday May 24, please complete the poll before then .

If there are specific topics or issues you would like to raise, even if you are unable to attend the call, please post them in the thread here.

As usual, we will record this call and make it available online.

All the best,

Jeremie

Our next monthly call will be on Tuesday, May 30 at 18 UTC.

11:00 - 12:00 PST (California)
19:00 - 20:00 BST (London)
20:00 - 21:00 CET (Amsterdam)

As previously, the meeting will be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Don’t hesitate to propose your items below.

2 Likes

Anything to propose to the agenda?

Maybe from GSoC?

3 Likes

I have a short update with VS Code, trying to make the setup less painful for new (mostly Windows) users (last thing holding back the v4.0.0 Release).
I am also working on adding Walkthroughs in Modern Fortran.
Any ideas on what we would want to show there, other than the extension setup?
(Links to getting started with fpm, stdlib, LFortran, the registry?)

3 Likes

Perhaps just a few announcements:

• I have been working on an article about Mathematics of Arrays, together with Lenore Mullin
  • Vincent is preparing an article in French on the history of Fortran
  • Via discussions with colleagues I was inspired to start a description of old FORTRAN 77 programming idioms
5 Likes

I have conflicting meetings today so won’t join but I encourage @rajkumardongre and @Saurabh25 to join if they can and present their GSoC projects.

3 Likes

Current agenda:

1 Like

Unfortunately I might not be able to join the meeting.

here is a link for the call:

https://moderated.jitsi.net/31b4efac53ae4a6596dbd558f48973cd0cd00e92ce424a5299adbabc59b1d902

FYI, I have created a new Github project for my description of old FORTRAN 77 programming idioms - GitHub - arjenmarkus/old-programming-idioms: Explain old-style programming idioms used in FORTRAN 77 programs.

6 Likes