Fortran Monthly Call: December 2022

Dear all,

It’s again time to organise our next monthly call which will be in the week of December 19-23; please see the following doodle poll to mark your availability:

Doodle: Fortran Monthly Call: December 2022

The final time slot will be selected and announced on the evening (European time) of Monday December 12, please complete the poll before then .

If there are specific topics or issues you would like to raise, even if you are unable to attend the call, please post them in the thread here.

As usual, we will record this call and make it available online.

All the best,

Jeremie

Our next monthly call will be on Tuesday, December 20 at 18 UTC .

10:00 - 11:00 PST (California)
18:00 - 19:00 GMT (London)
19:00 - 20:00 CET (Amsterdam)

As previously, the meeting will be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Don’t hesitate to propose your items below.

2 Likes

I will try and make the meeting, should be on my way from work. The thing I would like to discuss if I make it is how to build and distribute fpm via PyPi. I have attempted to use cibuildwheel but with limited success. I am either doing something wrong or Fortran support through setuptools is quite limited.

Another option I’ve thought about is scikitbuild, but that would require us to use CMake.

Relevant GitHub issue: FPM pip installation · Issue #705 · fortran-lang/fpm · GitHub

Cc @awvwgk in case you have any ideas since you have way more experience with cross platform packaging.

I gave it a shot, let me know if it is good enough:

1 Like

I’ll try it before the monthly call today. Cheers!!

Current agenda:

1. fpm via PyPi (@gnikit )

@awvwgk could you send a Zoom link, please?

3 Likes

Sorry I’m running late, won’t be able to join in time today

1 Like

No problem.

Here is a link to meet on Jitsi:

1 Like

That’s alright, I am just getting off work too so I won’t be able to stay for the full duration.

1 Like

I added a workflow for building wheels, you can find the output here:

Python build and meson-python do produce the wrong compatibility tags (PEP-425), so I have to change them manually to py3-any-* so we don’t end up with half a dozen redundant wheels.

Enjoy your pip installable Fortran package manager!

3 Likes