First Time Contribution help needed

I created the issue for Hindi translation:

You can go ahead and work on the PR.

2 Likes

@milancurcic Thank you so much

@milancurcic Hello can you assign the issue to me on github? (I’ve made a request there) I’m almost done with the translation and will be making my PR anytime soon.

@milancurcic
Hello, these are the following changes that I’ve made
Committed changes are as follows:

• created .po files in locale/in.
  • translated all the .po files into Hindi.
  • added ‘in’ like {%- for lang in (‘zh_CN’, ‘de’, ‘en’, ‘es’, ‘fr’, ‘ja’, 'nl,‘in’) %} in pages/_templates/sbt-sidebar-footer.html.
  • added in to LANGUAGE in Makefile.

Is there anything else I need to do before creating a pull request?

P.S. - Really sorry I took a little more time to complete this task

Hi @kritika_rag , you would also have to edit the language json in version-switcher.html , at _templates/version-switcher.html

Hi thank you so much for replying but as far as I can see there is only one file in _templates which is sbt-sidebar-footer.html so like can you just check once again about which file are exactly talking about?

2 Likes

I had been referring to the webpage repository instead of fpm-docs.

Ohh I’m really sorry. I’ll look into it.
Btw anything else that I’ll need to do or after that I can create PR?

No problem, other than that you can go ahead for pr.

3 Likes

Thank you so much

Hi @kritika_rag ,
Welcome to the Fortran community. Hope you are having a great learning experience while working on your first PR.

I would suggest you to open up the Pull Request even if it is half working in order to gather constructive feedback in the PR reviews which will help you to improve it. You can keep working on it and open up a Draft Pull Request.

1 Like

Hi @arteevraina Thank you so much for you advice. I’m so sorry my colege exams are going on since a week that’s taking up my time otherwise I really would have completed the work days ago.

Also, thank you so much for your advice I have created a PR can you review it?

1 Like

@arteevraina Hi I actrually tried making the changes you suggested but when I tried to commit those changes it’s showing me some error, can you please help me figure out why it’s happening so?

One of the most useful things you can learn, kritika_rag, as a student of computing (which I suspect you are) is how to report bugs. Don’t just say "it’s showing me some error’ but copy the exact error message you got. Sometimes it helps to say what version of the software you were using and what system you were using it on: Microsoft? Mac? Ubuntu? … And compiler-developers are much happier if you can send them a very short program that reveals the bug instead of the long one that first alerted you to it.

Hi @Harper yes I’m really really sorry for putting it like that, actually I was supposed to reply this on the github comment that was addressed on my PR but yeah that too needed to be a little brief. I’ll keep that in mind from the next time
Thank you