Does the current MPI in Intel OneAPI still require to do a mpiexec -register first?

I have a quick question about the current MPI in Intel OneAPI. Does it still require to do a

mpiexec -register 

then input username (the name display if you type whoami in the command window), and the windows password first?

I always do this. But now I am developing a package and on Windows I want to use the MPI in Intel OneAPI. But if this mpiexec -register can be ignored it will really help a lot.
Because when install the package on users computer, many user may not know their username and password.
I mean in the old days, the windows 10 can install without internet, so user have a local username and password. But nowadays perhaps many of them just login using their Microsoft account, so they do not have a local username and password. But I remember

mpiexec -register 

does require that local username and password for windows (not necessarily the same as their microsoft account’s username and password). So if user does not have a local username and password, does

mpiexec -register 

still required? Or is the current Intel OneAPI no longer need this register process? I am not very sure since I already did this process.

Does anyone know?
Thank you very much in advance!

I’ve never needed to do that with Intel MPI.

1 Like