Who is using fortran-lang projects (fpm, stdlib, minpack, fftpack, vscode-support)?

I voted for fpm and the VScode extension cause I use them a lot more and intend to continue / expand on it too:

• the extension is installed an running on all my laptops + on the office workstation, it is very convenient, thanks a lot!

• fpm to me represent a revolution on how fortran development feels; now I want to do it, now I’m happy to start prototyping stuff directly in it, now I’m starting to seriously considering ditching Matlab (though I might wait just a little bit more for the LFortran revolution :smirk:). Actually it had sparkled quite a bit of Rust hype in me, exactly for the evident similarity with the cargo workflow, at some point I would try coding something in that language (probably nothing serious, it is far out of my comfort zone and not too much convenient for my usual needs).

Nevertheless I’ve also recently included the stdlib in a recent new project, with a bit of caveats and pain-points that I’ve extensively described in a dedicated post therein.

1 Like