Fpm free-form long lines

Dear all,

I will go crazy probably … apparently I did something and now when I fpm run --profile release it complains about too long lines in my source code.

Which I definitely have in many places, I would like to keep and I would like to pass --ffree-line-length-280 to the compiler. The code was working last week; I suspect I mistakenly deleted a line either in my toml (or somewhere), or switched the option in another place.

GhatGPT suggest

[build]
flags = ["-ffree-line-length-200"]

Which does not work (Key profile is not allowed in package file)

Thanks in advance

That check says that somewhere in your fpm.toml you have a [profile] table. That is not accepted, the correct one is [profiles] ([profiles] was always tolerated but not used in fpm<0.13. Since fpm>=0.13 they’re used and they’re lists of features). in your case, you could have a per-compiler feature allowing long lines:

[features]
longlines.gfortran.flags = "-ffree-line-length-280"

[profiles]
default = ["longlines"] # add to all builds

or, just run with the profile/feature combination you wish to use:

fpm run --features release,longlines
1 Like

Thanks, my fpm version is 0.13.0alpha.

How could I broke things during the WE? I could mistakenly delete a line in vim … but I don’t remember I had anything similar to this (at least not [features])