Fortran Monthly Call: July 2020

Yep I agree. @everythingfunctional has done brilliant work so far, but it would be beneficial to get more people involved with the coding now. I think Brad has already mentioned some outstanding prerequisites such as TOML parsing etc.

2 Likes

People will contribute all the prerequisites such as TOML parsing. We just need to get the initial Fortran skeleton done and infrastructure setup.

1 Like

Concerning variable length strings, there has been a lengthy discussion over at comp.lang.fortran which summarizes the current status pretty well.

Since @everythingfunctional made his version of iso_varying_string work with fpm already (and it is MIT - licensed), I suggest we use it as a basis for further development.

1 Like

A quick reminder that our July monthly call will be starting in an hour.

As it stands, the agenda will mostly be an even split between the stdlib and fpm
projects each of which have a fair few discussion points.

1. Welcome
  2. stdlib
  • Code organisation/structure (#216)
  • question on stdlib versioning (my addition, LK)
  • Moving forward with strings, file io etc.
  1. fpm
  • Initial experiences: the good and bad
  • Next steps: priority worklist & Fortran rewrite
  1. AOB

Please feel free to join a little early to test audio/video and discuss the agenda.
The meeting proper will begin on the hour and will be recorded.

1 Like

@lkedward just wanted to say thanks for running the call, you’ve done a great job.

5 Likes

Are the meeting recordings currently uploaded to the fortran-lang Youtube channel?

@lkedward: I would be willing to prepare some minutes from the meeting, and post them here.

1 Like

Hi @ivanpribec, that would be really great, thanks!

Yesterday’s call has just finished uploading to Youtube now:

1 Like