Fortran Monthly Call: April 2023

Dear all,

It’s again time to organise our next monthly call which will be in the week of April 17-21; please see the following doodle poll to mark your availability:

Doodle: Fortran Monthly Call: April 2023

The final time slot will be selected and announced on the evening (European time) of Wednesday April 12, please complete the poll before then .

If there are specific topics or issues you would like to raise, even if you are unable to attend the call, please post them in the thread here.

As usual, we will record this call and make it available online.

All the best,

Jeremie

1 Like

Our next monthly call will be on Friday, April 21 at 18 UTC .

11:00 - 12:00 PST (California)
19:00 - 20:00 BST (London)
20:00 - 21:00 CET (Amsterdam)

As previously, the meeting will be recorded for those who cannot attend.
Don’t hesitate to propose your items below.

4 Likes

We would like to demo the progress of the STF: fpm registry project in the call tomorrow.

cc: @henilp105 @minhdao @FedericoPerini

6 Likes

The current agenda is:

1. fpm registry (@arteevraina)

@milancurcic @awvwgk Could one of you post a link for Zoom, please?

No longer have access to zoom unfortunately. Will try to make it but no promises.

I have access to MS Teams, if you want.
Btw I’m travelling tomorrow so not sure if I’m going to make it either.

Or simply use an open alternative, like jitsi meet, and forget about all the proprietary stuff.

1 Like

Another topic to discuss is the continuation of the STF projects. We have the option to apply to another funding round at Applications to the Sovereign Tech Fund :: Sovereign Tech Fund

2 Likes

Here is a link for the meeting: Jitsi Meet

Agenda:

1. fpm registry (@arteevraina)
  2. STF projects: continuation (@awvwgk)
4 Likes

I seem to be the only one in the call. Is the meeting happening after all?

EDIT: The London time seems to be off by an hour.

I was doublechecking that right now: I believe there’s a typo in the London time, as California and Amsterdam match

Sorry! I made a mistake for London: it is at 18:00 UTC, that is at 19:00 in London.

3 Likes

Sorry for missing the meeting yesterday. I was in Berlin meeting the people from the STF and the other projects that were funded. Discussions were around the evaluation of the pilot round we participated in and also regarding the future direction of the STF and open source funding in general.

As I wrote yesterday, there is now the possibility to apply for the next funding round for us. Note that there are no fixed deadlines for this, rather we can aim for a continuation after the current project runs out.

There are of course much more exciting news from the meeting here.

10 Likes