Fortran goals for 2022

I think all of my wishes for Fortran already got mentioned, so I just want to highlight the most important for me:

• A collection of example codes for solving common problems (like reading a file, etc., optionally with suggestions for helpful libraries)
  • A community driven wiki with easily understandable tutorials and explanations to all Fortran features and functions. I know there are plenty tutorials scattered around the internet, but many times I don’t find what I need using DuckDuckGo or Google. So a “place to go” with all the information would be nice (maybe as a fortran-lang subdomain?)

Another personal goal for me and Fortran is a big one:
The technical college where I completed my master’s degree in Scientific Programming one year ago offers a Fortran lecture. But since the professor of this lecture retired some years ago and he wants to teach it for the very last time this February, I am going to take over his lecture! So this time I will assist him with the hands-on sessions, but next time (probably February 2023) I am going to be the new lecturer of Fortran. Therefore, I will use this year to refactor the lecture notes or maybe even create my own. I plan on sharing these under some kind of open-source licence, but I think this is enough for a own topic here in the discourse group. I will open a thread for this soon.

11 Likes